Hardness Tester Classification
1. Sorted by material
Metal hardness testers, rubber hardness testers, stone hardness testers, and fruit hardness testers.
2. Sorted by name
1) Rockwell Hardness Tester HR, Rockwell superficial hardness test HR (15.30.45) (N, T)
2) Vickers hardness tester HV
3) Leeb hardness tester HL
4) Brinell hardness tester HB (S)
5) Shore hardness tester HS
6) Webster hardness tester HW
7) Barcol hardness tester, a unit is equivalent to the penetration depth of 0.0076mm
3. Sorted by type
Portable hardness tester, desktop hardness tester, multi-functional hardness tester, ultrasonic hardness tester, visual hardness tester.
4. Sorted by display value
Digital hardness tester, indicator hardness tester, readable hardness tester.
Hardness Tester Application occasions
Rockwell hardness tester: measurement of the cast iron and other parts;
Brinell hardness tester: measurement of high hardness workpiece;
Vickers hardness tester: measurement of thinner parts;
Shore hardness tester: measurement of the rubber products;
Webster hardness test: measurement of the aluminum alloy products;
Barcol hardness tester: measurement of glass steel products;
Universal hardness test: measurement for a variety of hardness scale;
Micro hardness tester: it is a kind of Vickers hardness tester, used for thin workpiece;
Eight common sense of hardness tester maintenance
Instrument maintenance can usually extend its service life. Hardness tester is a precision instrument. Its accuracy and performance will be affected without suitable maintenance.
1. While carry the hardness tester, the weight and pressure head must be removed, and hold the shock pad between the indenter and the sample table; the original packaging should be restored for long-distance transport.
2. Remember to cut off the power when you do any debugging and inspection, such as load and unload weights, remove the cover, plug the cable and open the side door for inspection.
3. Prohibit to switch test force when the indenter is connected with the test sample.
4. Loading and unloading indentation should be careful to ensure that the tip has no damage, no pollution and other dirt. Indentation should be properly removed for long term preservation, and pay attention to avoid rust.
5. The sample table and the standard hardness surface should be clean without pollution, scratches, rub and bumps. It should be coat with anti-rust oil for long term preservation.
6. The test sample must be placed smoothly with reliable support to avoid displacement and deformation while test.
7. The dust and anti-corrosion media should pay attention to in daily working environment and after shutdown.
8. The sample table lifting screw should be regularly lubricated. The specific method is: remove the sample stage and protection ring, loosen the screw jacket, pour a few drops of light lubricants to the screw, then turn the hand wheel and lift the screw repeatedly to distribute lubricating oil evenly. Finally re-installed jacket and other objects. Note that lubricating oil should not be injected too much.
Please feel free to check the following items with more information.
Hardness Converter APP Download
User's Manual Download